From the desk of Dennis Catalano, IEP (Indoor Environmental Professional)
NYS Licensed Mold & Air Quality Assessor # MA-01053
Information you should know
MOLD – People become concerned with the health risks associated with air quality and mold activity and growth within their homes or workplace. Most people do not fully understand the causes of mold, the proper assessment, and the remediation of mold when mold problems exist. As a New York State licensed and certified assessor, I take my customer’s needs with the utmost concern and assure them that I can aid them in getting their property into a healthy living environment.
New York State instituted legislation intended to protect the consumer from dishonest contractors who offered mold assessment and remediation at inflated costs. Following NYS Dept. of Labor Law Article 32, initiated on January 1, 2016, the law was designed to ensure that all persons and/or businesses who engage in the business of assessment and remediation of mold, establishes that all persons employed by the company in mold assessment and remediation are trained and certified by New York State.
FYI, mold remediation work cannot be completed by any contractor, on residential or commercial properties, unless a mold inspection is completed by a NYS licensed inspector, and a mold remediation plan and protocol are provided by the inspector for bidding the work by NYS licensed contractors.
Why choose Tri State Mold Solutions, Inc. over other assessment firms?
- Tri State Mold Solutions Inc., is one of the most highly regarded and reputable air quality & mold inspection companies in the Hudson Valley with 5 star ratings on Google and Angi.
- Our inspection and testing fees are the most competitive in the Hudson Valley providing full inspection and testing including supplying a certified lab analysis and report for mold testing and/or air quality test report at time of site visit.
- At the request of our customer, we will include indoor air quality assessment for other airborne contaminants which other inspectors do not provide. Test includes Formaldehyde, VOCs, Particle Matter, CO, C02 and I provide to you a detailed report at time of my visit.
- Personally, I take the extra time to consult with my customers about the facts regarding mold, how it grows, the root causes, and the damage it may cause to your home and occupants. I provide the remedies to achieve a healthy home environment. I never rush my visit with my client, and I assure you, as my customer, you will feel less stress about your mold issues.
- In addition, I service my clientele during these trying times of self-preservation and safety and take the required precautions to protect you, as well as myself, during our meeting. I have fully received all of my Covid vaccinations including the boosters as well as the regular Flu vaccine, and I get tested regularly to protect my clients.
- Quick Turnaround – The collection of mold samples to determine mold growth and activity, includes the provision of a certified lab report of their analysis and determination of mold issues within areas assessed and the certified lab report is provided to you within a 48 hour turn around period.
- And respecting those who serve, I happily recognize all military, law enforcement, and fire service members and offer a 10% courtesy discount on my initial site visit and testing to all those brave men and women who provide service above self.
- I offer 10% senior discounts for clients that are over 60 years young.
After your review of the information I have providing, and you would like to discuss your mold and/or air quality concerns and possibly set up an appointment to meet at your home or business, please feel free to call me on the number listed above or reply to this email. I will be happy to help you and I will assure you that you will not experience the anxiety of your air quality concerns, waiting for test results, or not understanding the causes of mold and other air quality issues.
I am providing you with the following preliminary free estimate of fees for my inspection services. Please note, all properties have different testing and inspection requirements. To adequately determine mold and air quality conditions of any subject property, inspection fees are subject to change based on the inspection requirements and testing. The following fee schedule is a guideline for your use.
Mold – $450 – Inspection including written report summary of my determination [No mold testing].
A full visual inspection of the subject areas to determine mold growth and/or mold spore activity. I will provide a written report of my determination of mold issues, probable causes, remediation protocol for mold cleanup, including an approximate cost budget to remedy the problems.
Mold – $85/sample – Collecting mold test samples.
Collection of mold test samples [air/swab/bulk] to adequately determine mold growth and/or mold spore activity on surface areas and/or air environment. Samples will be submitted to an EPA registered lab which includes a scientific lab analysis of those samples and the issuance of a certified lab report. Written & certified lab report will be provided to the customer of the lab’s analysis within 48 hours of my visit providing there are no FedEx delays.
$250 – Mold remediation plan & protocol document.
A written mold remediation plan/document [required by NYS Law to be provided] of the determination of mold issues, probable causes, remediation protocol for mold cleanup, including an estimated cost budget to complete the remediation. These documents are required by NYS and are to be provided to any NYS Certified Contractors for bidding.
Project clearance – Fees to be determined – Post remediation inspection and testing for clearance [based on the clearance and testing requirements]
After remediation work has been completed, a visual inspection and testing of the completed work will be done for clearance. Post inspection fees will be determined based on the final remediation work completed and the required collection of test samples, including lab fees, for project clearance.
$495 – Air Quality Testing
I will provide air monitoring & testing for other indoor air contaminants such as Formaldehyde, VOCs, Particle Matter, CO, C02 and provide you a detailed report at time of my visit.
Other related services upon customer request
Asbestos and Lead testing = $100.00/sample, includes lab fees and providing a certified report of the lab’s determination. Collection of asbestos and/or lead samples will be completed in addition to our mold inspection as noted above.
In conclusion, I will walk you through the entire process from inspection to clearance of your mold issues assuring a clean home or business environment. Thank you for the opportunity to serve you.
Dennis Catalano, IEP, NYS License MA01053
Indoor Environmental Professional & NYS Certified Mold Assessor